I'll acknowledge that some people are against sweet matzoh brei; I obviously don't belong to that camp. Here's a fine article about that issue that also includes a recipe. But that recipe isn't vegan--mine is.
- orange juice
- rice milk (soy milk, almond milk, whatever)
- maple syrup
- walnuts (optional)
- oil or margarine for frying
- In a large bowl, mix together equal parts orange juice and rice milk, enough to cover the amount of matzoh you want to use. Add a spoonful of maple syrup and a dash of vanilla and cinnamon.
- Break apart the matzoh and soak it in the mixture for 5-7 minutes, until soft.
- Fry on a large pan for about 3 minutes until lightly browned. Stir frequently.
- Get out the jelly, the syrup, the margarine, and/or the powdered sugar, and rejoice.