Sunday, March 1, 2009

Roasted Pepper Walnut Pesto

Radiatore

My favorite kind of pasta is radiatore.
I eat it in pesto fresh from the pot
and pretend that I'm eating radiators.

It's like when somebody tells you that
the world is on their shoulders
or that their heart belongs to you,

because unless you're some kind of heart realtor,
or a titan, or a giant, these situations are impossible--
it just humors us to pretend for a while.

*

I mostly just got this pesto recipe from about.com and further simplified it, but I cannot stress enough: radiatore is the most satisfying shape of pasta. It's like the golden rectangle--it's objectively perfect.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2/3 cup of roasted red peppers

  • 2-3 cloves of garlic

  • 1/3 cup of walnuts

  • 3/4 cup of fresh basil, coarsely chopped

  • 1/4 cup of olive oil

  • salt and pepper to taste

  • a package of radiatore (or other inferior craterous pasta)

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Prepare the pasta in a large pot.

  2. Put all the other ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. If it comes out too dry, add more oil. This is a delicious pesto that goes well on crackers or pita chips, if you're feeling snackish.

  3. Pour the pesto onto the finished pasta and mix it around.


I won't get in trouble from plagiarizing from about.com, will I? If this post is illegal, then I'm sorry, please don't take legal action against me, I'm just an unemployed English major.

No comments: