Thursday, December 11, 2008

my chapbook is experiencing technical difficulties

The first 100 copies of Textured Vegetable Protein-Based Miracle Substitute came out of Hampshire College's printing center with what I feel are some substantial issues. Basically, the font is huge, which screwed up the line breaks in ways that make me uncomfortable, and the page numbers are wrong and on the spine side of the page. This is largely my fault for designing it in Microsoft Word and then not asking Sam for a proof. Sam's the one who handed this in, but he's been having a very bad week, so I'm cutting him some slack.

It was recycled paper, so that makes it slightly less awful from an ecological stand point, doesn't it?

Anyway, I'm still excited to get copies of this book to people. I'll be giving you a play-by-play of the chapbook a la Tao Lin soon. For now, I'm off to New Jersey.

4 comments:

ryan manning said...

i like your blog

Lauren said...

hi steve it's lauren kouffman. i stumbled upon your blog today via a network of several other emerson blogs and just wanted to let you know i think you are hilarious. i really like your blog, possibly more than ryan manning does, and i don't even know him (her? sorry ryan if you're a girl).

Melissa Newman-Evans said...

Good luck, man!

Also: I'm sorry, your chapbook totally fell to the bottom of my inbox. How many copies did you get made? If you like, I could always try to lay it out for you in half-letter with something simple for a reprint?

Your tour is going to kick ass. Jersey is not going to know what hit it.

Steve Subrizi said...

Aw, thanks Ryan and Lauren!

Melissa, thank you so much for the offer. Is there enough time? I'll want the copies within a week, and Sam's already going to try to fix it. We'll talk? Call me if you'd like to give it a shot.