Wednesday, October 29, 2008

a delicious Autumn sandwich

I made a sandwich today that was so good that I began to think, "I might need to get a real 9-5 job in my life so that I can afford to eat this kind of shit all the time." It was kind of a fancypants sandwich, and I don't expect you to have the ingredients just lying around like I did.

I was lucky in that my friends and I had gone to a farm on Saturday, and I had pumpkin butter and apples leftover from that. Plus, when I was at Trader Joe's last week, I decided to buy arugula to show my support for Barack Obama.

So here's all I did:

- I made a tofu salad out of:
  • extra-firm tofu
  • vegenaise
  • an onion
  • a McIntosh apple
  • paprika
  • a little salt and pepper

- I toasted some Canadian white bread

- I put the tofu salad on a slice of toast

- I put arugula on top of the tofu salad. (Note: Locally Known has some crazy-good arugula this season.)

- I spread delicious pumpkin butter on the other slice of toast

- I ate that sandwich and memories of Autumns past flashed before my eyes. Like I was in Grandma's yard in Pomona New York playing in a big pile of leaves with my brother and sister and hot cocoa was waiting for us inside but we just weren't done frolicking yet, I mean seriously this was that good.

Good pumpkin butter tastes like the inside of a pumpkin pie but less whippy. It's just mashed-up pumpkin and spices, plus maybe some lemon juice. Maybe we could just socialize pumpkin butter, so that everybody could have some. I think that would be a step in the right direction for this country.

Sorry. I didn't mean to get political. Good Sandwiches '08. Crap. Sorry.

2 comments:

Jade Sylvan said...

COOK FOR ME!!!!

dedicated to more betterness said...

Hey, this is emily griffin in a blog form.
That all sounds hells yummy